It’s not easy to stay motivated while you’re trying to lose weight. You’re surrounded by temptations, and everyone seems to be able to eat the things you can’t enjoy anymore. However, there are tricks that can help you stay on the path to losing weight.
Try these tips to stay motivated as you shed those extra pounds:
1. Dispose of your big clothes. Most people who diet on a regular basis have clothes in all sizes. You probably have a closet filled with small, medium, and large clothes that you wear depending on your weight.
2. Give yourself small rewards. Research shows that simple rewards can help you stay motivated. Implement a system that gives you rewards at various points along the way, so you can celebrate your wins, even when these wins are incremental. You can use a simple points system or reward chart to keep track.
3. Hang up your inspiration. If you’re desperately trying to recreate an old photo of your younger self or have a skinny outfit you want to wear again, display this inspiration. Choose only one or two items that inspire you the most, and stay focused on them.
4. Avoid using the scale every day. Research shows that it’s normal for your weight to fluctuate by several pounds each day. If you weigh yourself every day, you can get discouraged. Instead, use the scale less frequently and focus on how you feel or how your clothes fit.
5. Post a daily photo. Unlike a daily scale routine, a daily photo can help motivate you. You can use social media or store the photos in a cloud.
By staying motivated as you lose weight, you’ll make the process easier. You’ll be able to maintain your enthusiasm. The right inspiration and motivation will keep you focused on your weight loss goals and encourage you all along the way to success.