5 Toxic Beliefs to Banish Now
Some beliefs have the power to stop you in your tracks. If you believe that you could never run a marathon, you'd never try. Some toxic beliefs can permeate multiple areas of your life. These beliefs are more damaging than specific beliefs. Believing you can never learn to play the banjo doesn't have the same negative impact as the belief that you're too old to follow your dreams.
Rid yourself of the toxic beliefs that limit your life:
1. It's too late, or I'm too old. Sometimes it is too late. You're probably not going to start playing in the NBA if you're 43 years old. But the number of things you can do is far greater than the number of things you can't.
• Colonel Sanders didn't settle on a chicken recipe until he was 49 years old. Yet, you know who he is and you've eaten his chicken.
• There have been a few medical students that didn't get started until their 60's. Avoid jumping to conclusions regarding your age. You can do a lot more than you think.
2. Failure is bad. Failure is normal. If you're living, you're also failing from time to time. The trick is to fail in the right way and make good use of it. Failure is nothing more than an undesired result.
• Take the opportunity to learn from your failures and adjust your approach. If one way doesn't work, try another. If you continue to improve your method, how can you possibly fail over the long haul?
3. The past equals the future. You have an amazing ability to change and adapt. Just because you've been lazy, made poor choices, been uneducated, had poor social skills, or self-destructed in the past doesn't mean the future can't be different. The past only affects you if you permit it. You can choose to drop the past and live in the present.
4. People will criticize me, laugh at me, or think little of me. You're right. They will. This isn't an inaccurate belief, but it's harmful to be concerned about the opinions of others. No matter what you do, there are people that won't be impressed. And there's always someone ready to make a negative comment. Why do you care?
• You don't have time to worry about such silliness. You're no longer in high school, so let go of the peer pressure.
• Please yourself and avoid worrying about anyone else's opinion.
5. I'm not smart, good with money, good with people, educated enough, special, or fill in the blank. No one is good at everything. You can learn to be good at whatever skill you're lacking. Don't know how to save money? Read a book. Not good with people? Take a class. Lacking in real estate knowledge? Find a mentor.
• Successful people are often surprisingly ordinary. You don't have to do anything spectacular to have spectacular results. You can find or create whatever you're currently lacking.
A toxic belief could be holding you back from the success you deserve. These negative beliefs are difficult to recognize because you've been carrying them around for so long. Do a personal inventory and evaluate all your beliefs that inhibit you. How do you know they're true? What are they costing you? Get rid of them and proceed to bring your dreams to life!
Download your guide to removing the barriers blocking your path
to a happy and healthy life.
The New Year is coming up - - - quickly; massive amounts of change will be in the air. Change is the one constant in the universe. Even the sun won’t last forever. But change can be stressful. In fact, various life events are classified by psychologists based on the severity of the stress felt by the individual. A death in the family and divorce are rated at the top.
But even the most stressful changes can provide benefits and new opportunities. The ability to deal with change can be a good measure for predicting success. Those that handle change poorly fight change and strive to protect the status quo. No change equals no progress.
Changes in employment, living arrangements and location, and relationships can be among the most stressful changes, but can also provide the greatest opportunities for positive life advancements.
While change is stressful, it delivers numerous benefits:
Embrace changes and make the best of the situation:
Welcome change into your life. It provides new opportunities, builds stamina, and keeps life interesting. Without change, life would become dull and tedious. Embrace change and keep your eyes open for new ways to enhance your life. It’s natural to dread change, but change is the only constant in life. Those that deal with change effectively enjoy more success.
Top 10 Food and Nutrition Affirmations
When you have "convenience" food bombarding you from every direction, it can be difficult to choose options that give your body the nourishment it needs.
However, if you have daily reminders and effective tools at your disposal, you just may find that eating the right foods and feeding your body the best fuels becomes a lot easier.
Of course, there will always be temptation, but when you equip yourself with anti-temptation tools, you will be able to quickly re-focus your mind on your greater goal of getting healthy!
Using Affirmations to Make the Healthy Food and Nutrition Choices
When everyone around you at the office is indulging in burgers, fries, and sugary drinks, it's awfully tempting to join in, isn't it?
But what if you could stop that temptation in its tracks and actually choose to make a healthy choice? You don't need me to tell you that fatty and sugary choices are not the kinds of food that your body needs - you need to tell yourself!
It can be hard in moments of temptation to make the right choice, but with the help of positive affirmations, you can re-train your brain to replace the desire for junk food with healthy choices.
Affirmations can help you stick to your diet, say no to temptation, and eat nourishing and satisfying foods. How? By replacing the negative spiral of thoughts in your mind with powerful, positive ones.
But first you have to believe that it is possible to gain control over your thirsts, desires, and cravings. The first step in making a lasting change in your life is to make the commitment to success. Are you committed? Do you believe that you can overcome your cravings?
Once you've set your commitment in stone, you're ready to learn the top 10 affirmations to get you through moments of weakness.
Top 10 Food and Nutrition Affirmations
Before reading the list below, you should know that affirmations are most successful when you internalize the saying and repeat it frequently. Whether you're having a good or bad day, you need to be constantly repeating these positive statements in your mind. Temptation will strike when you least expect it, so it's better to be prepared!
1. I can neutralize bad habits with good food, exercise, and healthy living.
2. I am proud to reach out to my support network instead of leaning on food for comfort.
3. I am losing weight for me because I love me.
4. I set aside time just for me.
5. My good health and productivity are the rewards for the nourishing foods I eat.
6. Weight gain happens over time, so my weight loss equally requires time, patience, and lifestyle changes.
7. I use self-care, not self-control.
8. The more I take care of myself, the better I feel.
9. I am firmly committed to staying active and healthy.
10. I deserve a healthy body and mind.
When you look at these food and nutrition affirmations, they may seem like ideals - behaviors and thoughts that you only wish you could have - but each time you reaffirm them by saying them aloud, you're slowly changing your mindset. Over time, these ideals will become a reality through your thoughts and actions.
But remember, you must first believe you can change. Once you make the commitment to your success, you will change your attitudes about food and you'll be thankful you did!